Saturday, September 26, 2009


Kitchen Tea
Today, I was honored to attend my first kitchen tea for my friend Danielle. My two girls will be in her wedding on the 10th of October. The venue was breathtaking. Thankfully, our friends the Morgans were there and we had a great time talking, eating, and trying new things. I guess since we were at such a nice place, they didn't do all the traditional stuff- But at the end, if she didn't guess what the gift was before she opened it, the giver of the gift could make her look silly by doing something CRAZY.
1) lipstick on the cheek
2) flour in your hair with cream!
3) eye liner around the face
4) curlers
5) flour and water in her socks!
But by far the worse was raw egg cracked on her chest! I guess it is something she will remember for the rest of her life.

I think I recall that the people at my bridal shower made me wear a hat for 1 minute with bows on a plate. But, I can't remember that far back.

I was told that if this tea was at a persons home, they would of dragged the bride to be out into the streets or mall and make her beg people for money. Crazy. But, South Africans love to celebrate!

1 comment:

Jess said...

What a fun and crazy day! I loved it!